LEGO copyrights | Brick à Brack

Become a member and enjoy many benefits, it's fast and free!

Hi
Sorry to bother you
I am a noobie bricksfilm-filmmaker and I am excited to start my new project which is going to be shot as a brickfilm.
By I got a quetion about violation of LEGO's copyrights.
I wrote an email to LEGO directly but they can't answer this question completely. They have a page on their website about violations but there is nothing about filmmaking and brickfilms at all.
That's why I have decided to text you.

Could you tell me a little bit about this, please ?
How to avoid copyrights violations?
For example if I have shot the film where can I use it ? May I post it on Youtube? May I monetize this video on Youtube? May I sell my film to a tv channel?
May I shot something violent? Like killings, crimes, etc. using LEGO characters and bricks?

Please , help me , if you have a little bit of time.

Thank you !

@JohnDoyarHi
Sorry to bother you
I am a noobie bricksfilm-filmmaker and I am excited to start my new project which is going to be shot as a brickfilm.
I wrote an email to LEGO directly but they can't answer this question completely. They have a page on their website about violations but there is nothing about filmmaking and brickfilms at all.

For example if I have shot the film where can I use it ? May I post it on Youtube? May I monetize this video on Youtube? May I sell my film to a tv channel?
May I shot something violent? Like killings, crimes, etc. using LEGO characters and bricks?

Thank you !

Hi there @JohnDoyar,

Creating brickfilms is 100% fine and LEGO allows them to be posted, monetized etc. You can shoot something violent, but LEGO most likely won't buy it, you could sell it to other tv companies or anything else. Posting them to youtube is also 100% allowed. Hope this helps!

Last edited by minideliciouspant (jul. 28, 2019 (05:18pm)).

@minideliciouspant
@JohnDoyarHi
Sorry to bother you

Thank you !

Hi there @JohnDoyar,

Creating brickfilms is 100% fine and LEGO allows them to be posted, monetized etc. You can shoot something violent, but LEGO most likely won't buy it, you could sell it to other tv companies or anything else. Posting them to youtube is also 100% allowed. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much!
I didn't know that I can sell my films to LEGO at all
So what should I write in the describtion of my project? Something like "Film was shot using LEGO blocks and charcters. LEGO is not sponsoring this project"

Something like that?

@minideliciouspant
@JohnDoyarHi
Sorry to bother you

Thank you !

Hi there @JohnDoyar,

Thank you so much!
So what should I write in the describtion of my project? Something like "Film was shot using LEGO blocks and charcters. LEGO is not sponsoring this project"

Something like that?

@JohnDoyar
@minideliciouspant
@JohnDoyarHi
Sorry to bother you

Thank you !

Hi there @JohnDoyar,

Thank you so much!

Something like that?

If you are selling a film, then probably yes

Sponsors

Support us

Language

Français - English