HitFilm Express - A free VFX program! | Brick à Brack

Become a member and enjoy many benefits, it's fast and free!
Brick à Brack, his community and his staff support and approve the Brickboard community activities - BàB Staff (2020-11-16)

Hitfilm Express!

For visual effects, I personally use Adobe After Effects. However, I know other young brickfilmers that don't have the funds to support After Effects, but look no further! HitFilm Express is a free visual effects, compositing and editing software that is similar to Premiere Pro and After Effects combined. I've used it before and it was easy to learn and use! It does the job really well and I think if you took the time to learn the components of it, you can create some really high quality VFX for your brickfilms. It's an editing and compositing software, so you can edit your film and then do the VFX in another timeline! Knocking out two birds with one stone Another great tool for this software is the HitFilm YouTube channel where they upload tutorials constantly, so there is a lot for you to learn! Check out their website and YouTube channel and start creating some cool VFX!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FXhomeHitFilm

Last edited by dudebrick (jan. 25, 2019 (06:23pm)).

When my own my church's Adobe license expires, I'll probs go the path of HitFilm

Last edited by dudebrick (dec. 20, 2018 (10:07pm)).

@chris_gbpWhen my own my church's Adobe license expires, I'll probs go the path of HitFilm

Same bud

I've been using Hitfilm Express for almost 2 years, I can't recommend it enough!

I used this software before knowing how to use Adobe After Effect. It’s a very good one, but for me the main problem is it’s optimisation. You need to have a very very good computer to don’t have lags by reading the big timelines.

Love the tutorials of this guy...

This is his hour long tutorial for Hitfilm Express 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y01ZEt5xmsM

Files and timestap to look up wat you specifically want to learn, iso doing the entire tutorial, are in the description of the video!

Have fun!

That's really awesome, wish a lot more tutorials would use this format! Sometimes it helps to have a bare-bones start-to-end tutorial. There's a similar video like this for Cinema 4D and it's fantastic.

There's a guy called 'Shiny Films' who also does Hitfilm tutorials on more specific things. He's pretty good, I'd suggest you check him out too!

@MBstudioI used this software before knowing how to use Adobe After Effect. It’s a very good one, but for me the main problem is it’s optimisation. You need to have a very very good computer to don’t have lags by reading the big timelines.

Yeah, you're totally right. To do heavy editing and compositing, you're going to need a computer with good specs (like at least 8GB of RAM, SSD, good processor, etc)

@dudebrick
@MBstudioI used this software before knowing how to use Adobe After Effect. It’s a very good one, but for me the main problem is it’s optimisation. You need to have a very very good computer to don’t have lags by reading the big timelines.

Yeah, you're totally right. To do heavy editing and compositing, you're going to need a computer with good specs (like at least 8GB of RAM, SSD, good processor, etc)

Exactly, the optimisation is the main problem of this software. A good way to solve this problem is using DaVinci Resolve 15. This software is awesome and we can do exactly the same things than with HitFilm but with a better optimisation. And it’s free! I’m using the pro version of this software in my job, and that’s awesome. And the colorimetric’s side of DaVinci is really precise.

Sponsors

Support us

Language

Français - English