The 8x8x8 Contest Questions Forum | Brick à Brack

Become a member and enjoy many benefits, it's fast and free!

another question: can there be clay in the background? and if so, can it be animated as long as LEGO is the main focus?

According to the rules, all animation must take place in the 8x8x8 area. That would include animating clay.

I don't think it would be a problem if you animate something in clay as long as LEGO is the main focus.

I talked to @4clem4 about it and he said that one word was missing for that rule:

The action must takes place primarily in a space of 8 studs of width, 8 studs of length and 8 bricks of height.

Should not the rules be edited?

Yes, I presume... but primarily is a slippery slope..

I have a question; when is the deadline. I don't know if I can make it.

"Members have until 8 April 2018, 23h59 (UTC+1) to enter to the contest"
The rules with the official deadline here https://www.brick-a-brack.com/contests/rules/11/

Oh my. I don't know if I can get mine done by then.

Wait...in Chris' picture explaining the rules, it shows a big baseplate surrounding the 8x8 area. Can I have a big baseplate with scenery, but only animate in an 8x8 area? is that legal? it would make many of my shots look better if it weren't just the 8x8.

@NYAJ Frame-ationsWait...in Chris' picture explaining the rules, it shows a big baseplate surrounding the 8x8 area. Can I have a big baseplate with scenery, but only animate in an 8x8 area? is that legal? it would make many of my shots look better if it weren't just the 8x8.
Not really. In the French participations, we reported someone who had made this mistake.

You can only have an 8x8x8 base plate, so was mine legal, I had non Lego scenery outside, but a lego 8x8x8 plate on the inside, is this ok? please take a look and tell me what you think.

Last edited by Zach Studios (mar. 29, 2018 (01:18am)).

Sponsors

Support us

Language

Français - English