This first image is of the three tiles and single cheese slope that were used to animate the tattered map. I drew on them with a gel pen to make it look as though the map had rubbed away (I do not recommend doing this yourself as the ink seems to be permanent ). A thin lump of adhesive tack was placed below them to allow the pieces to be animated as a single "map."
This image shows the main setup used for animating most of the forest scenes. The sheet of glass is covered in a thin layer of modge-podge and held up precariously by a stack of bricks. This helps give depth to the forest scene in the camera. I rebuilt the floor and rearranged the trees for each scene in this set to show changes in location. Everything in the video through timestamp 2:14 was filmed with this setup.
This is by far the largest set that I have ever filmed on! The forest didn't look quite as dense as I would've liked because I ran out of trees and foliage pieces. Nonetheless, it was still fun to animate. I spent about 6 hours building the set and designing the midi-scale cart, another 6 setting up the lighting and making test animations, and then 7 hours animating the actual scene.
That's all for now, thank you for reading and have a good day!
That was amazing! I felt like some of the forest shots could have been color corrected to fit together a little better. But over all that was amazing, some of the best horse animation I have seen in a while!
Last edited by osomstudios (nov. 29, 2017 (01:07am)).