Brick World Film Festival - Seventh edition
By Max_LG (Apr. 25, 2018)
Since 2012 in the United States (Chicago/Illinois) is held one of the largest AFOL events on the North American continent
. Among this great Anglophone mass, the brickfilm has a large part in this representation. Every year, takes place from 16 to 17 June 2018, the largest English brickfilm festival known as the "Brick World Film Festival".
Did you ever notice the little term "Seasons"
under the title? It's an idea of the organizers, the latter wish to give their festival a personalized touch
. Participants are kindly requested to offer a brickfilm respecting the theme of this edition. If you have nothing new to propose and which corresponds to the themes, nothing is lost, you still have the option to submit a brickfilm that does not match the red threads
The festival winners will be selected according to the categories below:
- Best of Brickworld Chicago. The participation with the highest number of public votes wins the cup. To be eligible for the Best Film category, you must be a Full Registrant at Brickworld Chicago (valid with the purchase of the exhibition ticket).
- Best of Brickworld International - the "Best International Film" award of Brickworld will be awarded to the film that receives the audience's vote
The top three will receive a small prize.
Now that the foundations have been laid, it is time to discover the terms of participation announced by @Dave Pickett famous blogger of "Brick 101"
- Everyone can participate in the festival, but you must be registered as a "full participant" at Brickworld Chicago to be eligible for the "Best Film" Trophy.
- Your film does not need to incorporate the theme "Seasons"
- Your film should last more than 30 seconds and less than 5 minutes.
- Your film must be uploaded to YouTube.
- Your film will have to use LEGO elements to tell a story. It can be animated or live, or a combination of both.
- Your film must not have been submitted to a previous Brickworld Film Festival.
- By registering your film, you certify that you hold all exhibition rights for the given work. This includes visuals, music and characters. The unlicensed use of copyrighted material is not permitted.
- Limit of one brickfilm by participant.
- Films should be enjoyed by all ages. Film content such as verbal and/or physical violence, sexual content and drug use will be grounds for disqualification.
Want to participate in this extraordinary event? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 11, 2018
by providing the following information: A link to your film on YouTube and registration form
(available at the bottom of the article) duly filled. All you have left is:
If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact them at their e-mail address. Good luck to all.
→ See the blog "Brick 101
→ See the official festival thread
→ Download the festival registration form